Find out about all the bets you can make in this dice game so you can make the moves that suit you best
You’ve probably seen this game a ton of times in movies. You know, in those scenes where the player blows the dice, or asks someone to do it for him, before rolling them. This game is called Craps and it is super popular in casinos and attractive enough to watch how it is played. But so that you are not just a spectator and are encouraged to play it, we tell you everything you need to know to become an expert.
Craps is played with two dice (and obviously, the number you bet on is the sum of both) . Although much of this game depends on chance, the player (better known as a shooter or launcher) has to know where to place his bet to have a better chance of winning a good prize. Also, betting is the first step to take before making any other move.
Bet on Pass Line
- You win automatically if you roll 7 or 11 on the first roll .
- If you roll 2, 3 or 12, you automatically lose . This is known as “Craps”.
- In case of taking out 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, a point is established , that is, a chip is placed on the table in the number obtained and you must continue rolling until it is repeated. If you roll a 7 before you do it, you lose .
- The bet can be increased after setting a point.
Bet on Don’t Pass
- It is won by rolling 2 or 3 on the come out roll.
- If you get 7 or 11 on the first shot you automatically lose .
- Getting 12 voids the bet .
- In case of establishing a point (4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10), it is won if a 7 is obtained before repeating said number .
- Bet can be reduced after setting a point
For Come and Don’t Come bets , the rules are the same as for Pass Line and Don’t Pass, respectively. The difference is that these can only be taken after the starting shot has been made and when a point has been established. The initial bet is moved to the number marked by the point (4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10). In addition, depending on the standards established by the casino and / or in the game, the winnings usually vary in each possible result and there is the possibility of increasing the bet.
Simple one-shot bets
- Bet on a pair of ones (one point on each die,).
- Bet on 3.
- At 11. This bet is known as Yo.
- At 12.
- Bet on any craps. You win if you get 2, 3 or 12.
- C&E bet. You divide your bet in half, one part is going to get a craps and the other to get a Yo.
- Bet on rolling 7 on any combination.
- Bet horn . There are 4 separate bets, each on numbers 2, 3, 11 and 12.
- Hop bet. You bet on a specific value, such as 4 and 3 or 6 and 2.
- Bet field. You bet on any of the following numbers: 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12. The prize varies, depending on the amount chosen.
Multiple shot betting
- Hard bet. It is won by obtaining 4, 6, 8 or 10 with a combination of equal numbers, that is 2 + 2, 3 + 3, 4 + 4 and 5 + 5, respectively. It is automatically lost if 7 or 4, 6, 8 or 12 are rolled with unequal combinations.
- Simple bet. Awarded for getting 4, 6, 8 or 10 with any combination of numbers
- Bet on the Big 6 or Big 8. You win by rolling 6 or 8 before rolling a 7.
- Bet placed. A point is placed on the 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10, the bet is made on the chosen number and it is won only if it comes out before 7 is obtained.
- Bet against. The dynamics is the same as in the placed bet, but in this one you win only if you get 7 before drawing the number you bet on.